This beginner course will introduce students to the fundamentals of joinery and traditional woodworking through the process of making a small coffee table / chess table.
The course will include;
- an introduction to design, plans and drawings
- timber selection
- a demonstration of how to prepare and cut the timber
- how to measure and mark up the joinery
use of hand planes, chisels, saws and other tools
- clamping and glue up techniques
- finishing techniques and the benefits of different finishes
- a game of chess if time permits.
The Chess Table will be built using traditional woodworking methods whenever possible.
2023 course | 60 hours (6 hours x 10 weeks) | 5 vacancies
If courses are full, dates don't suit you or you're not yet ready to book, you can add yourself to our mailing list by clicking on Register your interest below and you will be kept informed on new dates.