Woodwork for Beginners
Make your own Occasional/Side Table
WB – $1300
4 day course – includes all materials
Join Rob Fabris for this four-day project-based course for beginners.
Rob will introduce you to the process of making a small side table. This will include:
- Introduction to Plans and Drawings
- Timber selection
- Demonstration of how to prepare and cut timber for the use in the project.
- Learn how to measure and mark out.
- Sharpening and the benefits of using sharp tools.
- Use of saws, planes and chisels to complete your joinery.
- Use of a hand planes to flatten and shape your components.
- Introduction to the usefulness of jigs (used to taper the legs, etc).
- Use and application of different glues
- Finishing techniques and the benefits of different finishes.
- Provide you with a list of suppliers for future purchase of supplies and tools.
No previous experience required.
January/February 2022 Course | Full
- Sat/Sun | 29/30 January
- Sat/Sun | 5/6 February
- 9am – 4 to 6pm
March 2022 Course | Full
- Sat/Sun | 19/20 March
- Sat/Sun | 26/27 March
- 9am – 4 to 6pm
May 2022 Course | 3 vacancies
- Sat/Sun | 14/15 May
- Sat/Sun | 21/22 May
Email Kym if you are interested in attending this course or have any questions.
If there is no course listed, you can be added to an ''interested'' list and contacted once they've been scheduled – email@example.com
“Rob was terrific at guiding the group through each step. He gave great examples of how to proceed with a keen eye on safety and sharing his vast experience. He catered for the varying levels of skills each participant had and made it all very enjoyable. Questions were always responded to with patience and genuine interest in our ideas. Rob is very amicable and helpful.
I was the most experienced of the participants but Rob found ways to ensure I was engaged at the right level and could move at my own pace without missing out on the important basics that I was most interested in. The result was that every person was looked after and enjoyed the entire experience. There were plenty of opportunities to learn as a group and individually. There was just the right amount of time to work away on our projects and only being stopped and regrouped when we neared the next step. I learned several new techniques over the course.
I would highly recommend this course to a complete novice or even someone more experienced who wants to learn to do things correctly and safely”.