Our weekly Tutor Groups are the perfect place for woodworking enthusiasts of all skill levels to come together and learn the art of furniture making from experienced tutors. Whether you’re a beginner looking to start your woodworking journey or an experienced woodworker aiming to refine your techniques, our groups offer a unique and supportive learning environment.
What sets us apart:
- Expert Guidance: Our knowledgeable tutors bring years of furniture experience to the table. They are here to guide you through projects, share tips, and help you achieve your woodworking goals.
- Hands-On Learning: Get hands-on experience with a wide range of woodworking tools and equipment. From basic techniques to advanced skills, our tutor groups cover it all.
- Small Class Sizes: We keep our class sizes to 7 members for personalised attention and a comfortable learning environment for everyone.
- Project Variety: Explore a variety of furniture making projects, from crafting small decorative items to building functional furniture pieces. You’ll have the chance to work on projects that match your interests and skill level.
- Community Building: Connect with fellow woodworking enthusiasts, share ideas, and forge lasting friendships within our supportive community.
- Safety First: We prioritise safety and provide comprehensive training on tool usage and safety measures, ensuring that your woodworking journey is both enjoyable and secure.
Whether you’re looking to create stunning wooden masterpieces or simply want to explore the joys of woodworking, our tutor groups will help you succeed. Join us today and unlock the world of woodworking with expert guidance and a welcoming community. Let’s craft, create, and learn together!
|Tutor Group Fee
|$726 (3 hours x 10 weeks)
|Annual Membership Fee
All fees include GST and are subject to periodic review
Keep in contact
Please register your interest in joining a tutor group by signing up to our contact list.
Tutor group availability
Tutor Group Tutor (Mon-Fri evenings & Fri mornings)
Gray has been designing and making furniture since the early 1990s.
Gray is the Senior Tutor at Melbourne School of Fine Woodworking. Beginning in 1993, he has been teaching furniture design/making, wood finishing, router techniques, tool sharpening and plane tuning, with 9 years at Coles School of Woodcraft and since 2002 at Melbourne School of Fine Woodworking.
Tutor Group Tutor (Thu mornings)
We are thrilled to welcome Dom, who joins us for Term 3 2023.
Dom specialises in making high quality custom furniture and workbenches.
He is knowledgeable and personable and his work speaks for itself (visit his website – bluewrentimberworks.com.au). We are fortunate that Dom is keen to share his passion and knowledge with others.
Tell me more about Tutor Groups
Annual Membership Fee
Payment of the Annual Membership fee is a condition of continuing membership. Membership of the Club entitles all members, whether or not attending a tutor group, to:
- attend Member nights organised by the Club;
- attend some short courses organised by the Club at Member rates;
- receive the Club’s newsletter and Club mail outs;
- voting rights as set out in the Club’s constitution, and
- the discounts negotiated for Club members with suppliers of various woodworking products.